Tuesday, December 22, 2009

50+ degrees Farenheit in Taipei

Normally, I would consider a temperature in the 50's to be "great" if I were in Evanston. It would be warm enough for me to wear my short Zara trench coat with short sleeves inside. I would take a walk along the lake on the way back home, or even go shopping in downtown Chicago to celebrate the warmness regardless of the actual season of the year. However, for the last few days, I felt like I was freezing my butt off when it was in the low 50's in Taipei. Dressing in my winter gears including thick coats and beret hats didn't seem enough. I tried to stay indoor as much as possible, but I still found myself sneezing. Apparently heaters are not commonly installed in Taiwan. Therefore, I still had to wear exactly what I would wear outdoor when we went to any restaurants no matter how high-end they might be. This really puzzles me... how high-end or classy can a restaurant be when you are all bundled up and trying to enjoy a meal? Perhaps that's why there isn't any world-renowned, top-of-the-class restaurants in Taiwan.

This reminds me of my endless restaurant excursions in the US with Michelle and SooMin. Michelle also just emailed us a list of the best restaurants around the globe. I guess I will be missing out on the fun for an indefinitely long period of time... until I manage to get myself back to the US (hopefully in the near future).

No comments:

Post a Comment